In less than 1 month, I will be turning 28. I’m generally ok with this as there is no significance to that number. It’s not a milestone birthday, I’ll still be waddling vauguely around my late-twenties. Even though it is slowly encroaching on the big 3-0, I’m ok with it. It could have something to do with the fact that for the most part, my mental age is 8.
Here is a list about the ways in which I am essentially a child.
1) My love of Apple Juice.
I am not sure what it is about apple juice that makes it the de-facto juice choice of children, but it seems it is. Adults probably choose more sophisticated flavours like cranberry or orange… but not me. Apple Juice all the way.
2) My desire to wear my Halloween costume every day
Upon putting on this years Halloween costume, I realized this reflects my personality way more… I want to wear it every day, damnit!
3) My stature.
I wonder if I was a tall person, one who didn’t look like a child, if I would then be less child-like at heart.
4) The fact that one of my favourite shows is Pocoyo
It’s no secret that I love cartoons (ahem, I AM one), but the fact that one of my favourite shows just happens to air on treehouse, the channel for pre-schoolers, might indicate my child like mind? Maybe? I don’t know, don’t knock Pocoyo until you’ve seen it. The animation is ACE. And Stephen Fry narrates it.
5) My leisure-time activities include colouring and playing with play-doh (clay)
I actually haven’t coloured in years, but I do play with clay quite frequently – the goal is to make things as small as possible. Mmm. Reducto understands.
Well, there’s a succinct list. To top off this post, I’m going to attempt to create a birthday wishlist. Baron and his mom have asked me what I’d want for my bday (and then xmas) and I have no idea! Other than the things that I’ve tagged with the “birthday” tag… So here’s a handy list, mostly for them (unless you want to buy me crap too, but really… save your money).
- Pretty much ANYTHING from www.magic-pony.com, but especially:
a) Heavy Metal Fun Time Activity Book – $14 at Magic Ponyb) Kozy n Dan Prints. (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter)
-They also have gift cards. You can probably get this stuff elsewhere but I like to support this store/gallery-
- Gift Certificates for a Spa Day – at www.wayspa.com – This way I can choose the spa and the services I prefer.
- Baking supplies! Neat pans, icing tips, books etc… The best bet would be gift cards to either Kitchen Stuff Plus or Williams Sonoma. I DO want a really nice blender and a large food processor, but these are very expensive items & I have specific makes & models in mind.
- A Gift card to Sephora. I Love makeup, and there’s no way you could pick out makeup for osmeone else, but a gift card is perfect, this way I also get to rack up points!
- A donation in my name to the WWF: Adopt A Polar Bear, actic fox, Orca etc.
- My favourite Wildlife photographer is Steve Bloom – any of his prints or books (Except Spirit of the Wild)
- If THESE ever become available: Rabbid Toys.
- Gift cards, Gift Cards, Gift Cards. I know people don’t like giving them but I love them. Aside from the aforementioned, I love banana republic, chapters, futureshop, etc. etc.